STILL not sleeping well at all! And to top it all off, I woke up with a sinus headache! Even my neck hurts. UGH!
I have faith things will get better, I will adjust to this new schedule. Thank goodness for adaptability (something I am especially skilled at).
I'll mention some positives in my life currently... (this is a good exercise for me, as I seem to have been born the eternal pessimist, but I digress):
1. Home Schooling is going REALLY REALLY well this year. Outstanding even. D. has gotten over his hatred of it, and he's just really going along well. He's been really great about it. I am comparing it with last year, which was in a word, PAINFUL. B. is in grade 10, which is all online, and self directed, not to mention the Math he is doing, there is NOT A CHANCE either my hubby or I could help, we can't understand it ourselves. Thankfully B. is the Math Whiz in the family.
2. I'm taking a class, I have enrolled in a two year certificate program, called "Counseling Women" and it will all go towards a degree in Women's Studies. The class I am taking is called Psychology of Women, it seems to be a lot of reading and two papers and a final test. I'm excited about it, and hoping to kind of ease myself back into school. I really want to prove to myself that I can do this.
3. J. my youngest, is reading!! He had a slow start to the reading, but now he seems to be getting it and we are all just amazed and so happy. He also has a outstanding teacher at school, who I talked with yesterday. Also J. and I worked really hard reading and spelling all summer. It's paid off. He's gaining some real self esteem. I'm so glad. Despite me reading to my kids from an early age, they have all been slow to catch on to reading. Eventually they got it. I'm so glad J. has. (J. goes to school, I home school B. & D.
4. We are getting a treadmill. I can't wait. I must get back to running... I must lose some weight. I "enjoyed" eating all summer, time to stop eating so much.
Yeah, I'm going to dwell on these positives today. And take some advil for this headache.
No comments:
Post a Comment