Tonight, I sent my two older kids off to youth group. They love going and they get to see all of their friends from summer camp. I sent them off tonight, without a second thought.
Around 7 PM, the phone rang.
It was the youth leader, she said, "I don't want to alarm you, but D.'s been hurt."
I guess they had some kind of an race, and had to jump over things, can you tell where this is going...??
He jumped, and landed on his arm, and Yep, he broke his arm.
It's a bad break too. We have to leave here early tomorrow AM to go to the (bigger) hospital an hour away, and he has to see the surgeon.
Wow. I never expected that. Not that I expect these types of things.
Hockey just started, he'll be out for a few weeks. When he was crying in pain, it was not because his arm hurt, but because he knew, hockey would be out for awhile.
Just another day in my life.
oh no!!! i prayed for you all, let me know later how it went (if you think about it, i know it'll be a hectic day) i'm sure it's breaking his heart not to be able to play hockey for a while, poor guy!
ReplyDeleteHe's ok. The surgery went well, he was a bit shook up when he woke up from it, it made me cry, because he seemed just like he did as a toddler. Poor guy. He now has a cast for 4 weeks, no Hockey until December 1st.
ReplyDeleteHe's really sad about it, but then he realized, how if he has a broken arm, he can get out of our wood, cutting, spliting , stacking day next weekend. LOL.
Hey the funny part is, with him not playing hockey, I have no more 5 nights a week practice, only one night a week and once on the weekend for J. Ironic how these things happen eh?
Thanks for your prayers Margie, that means a lot.