Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Politics of the day

Day two, into my busy week.
The house is a wreck.

I slept terribly last night, and I actually went back to bed this morning after getting J. on the bus.  I feel like I'm walking in a bit of a fog today.

Hockey practice went good for D. (it was the first one of the season for him last night) Now, I'm just waiting for the politics to descend. What team will he be on?  Who will be on in?  Will he stand half a chance to touch the puck ever?

There is a kid in my son's hockey division, (a very pampered, ONLY child, with older parents) who, is the most amazing player, I mean, he's been scouted and he could actually be going somewhere, he is serious NHL material.  BUT... his older over protective parents, won't let this kid play at a level where he could be challenged. It's a waste of this poor kid's talent.  But his mom and dad don't like hitting, and tripping and the violence of the sport, so they won't allow him to play on the "elite" team for the best players, so this amazing player kid, is playing well below his level, and honestly, it's sad.

It is also very frustrating for our kids, who love to play hockey, but are just mediocre, who at best are learning skills so they can someday coach their own kids hockey teams.

I did ask if my son would be placed on a team that the amazing kid is NOT on.

Also the amazing kid's Mom is one of the most annoying people I have encountered.  She's overbearing, and controlling, and she's OLD (Late 50's), she's old enough to be my mother. She loves having the best kid on the team, a couple of years ago, she started to tell the kids on the team how to play their positions... (hmmm, who made her coach?) The urge to say very rude things to this woman is very strong.  I need to not spend a season with her.

I do this because my kid loves it.  That is the only reason.  But sometimes I wonder why we do this.  Someday I'll be happy we did.  Just maybe not while I'm in the midst of it. 

Ah well, I'm off to get the hockey bags in the van.  Practice again tonight.
This is D. his very first hockey season, 8 years ago. 

1 comment:

  1. said a prayer that he gets on a different team than the amazing kid, you don't need the stress of having to put up with her all season!

    hugs,
    margie

    ReplyDelete